37th Annual Glimmerglass Season: Saturday, July 2–Tuesday, Aug. 23
• Bizet’s CARMEN opens 7 p.m. Saturday, July 2. A gypsy’s fiery temperament leads to jealousy, mutiny and murder. Tickets $10 for first-time opera-goers and children. Ginger Costa-Jackson in title role.
• Cherubini’s MEDEA opens 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 8. Spurned wife murders her children.
Alexandra Deshorties stars.
• Two one-acts, A Blizzard at Marblehead Neck (Tony Kushner, librettist) and LATER THE SAME EVENING open 7:30 p.m. Thursday, July 21. LATER based on five Edward Hopper paintings.
• Irving Berlin’s ANNIE GET YOUR GUN opens 8 p.m. Saturday, July 16, featuring “There’s No Business Like Show Business,” “Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better.”
• A CABARET, featuring artist-in-residence Debbie Voigt, who also stars in ANNIE, 3 p.m. Friday, July 29.
• NATHAN GUNN recital, 3 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12.
• MEET ME AT THE PAVILION, performances, discussions with cast, crew, Young American Artists throughout the summer at Thaw Pavilion, next to Alice Busch Opera Theatre.
• BACKSTAGE TOURS, 10 a.m., every Saturday in August.
• Post Performance CAST PARTIES, call 547-2255 for details.
• TICKETS and SUBSCRIPTIONS, check glimmerglass.org or call 547-2255.