1. You will finally have an occasion to wear the floral print shirt you got for Christmas years ago.
2. When is the next time you will be able to ride a wave in the dead of winter?
3. Be served breakfast at the Cooperstown Lions Island Pancake Breakfast Saturday and Sunday.
4. Support local businesses who have donated generously to make winter a little more fun.
5. Make some memories with your kids as you help them make a snow-surfer on the Village Library lawn.
6. Practice your hula
dancing during the Rip Tide Carnival Cooler.
7. Start your weekend off right by enjoying the
Carnival Fireworks Display over Otsego Lake.
8. Even your dog can get out and socialize with his puppy friends at the SPCA Dog Show.
9. Tire your kids out by letting them jump around in the Inflatable Bouncy House on Saturday.
10. That way you can stay out later at the Hang Ten Hangout and enjoy great bands at the local area bars.
11. Have you ever been to a Pig Roast in the middle of February?
12. Don’t feel guilty about indulging in all the samples during the Dessert Festival – we need judges for the fan favorite prize!
13. Run off the extra
calories on Sunday at the Bob Smullens 5k and 10k Run.
14. Channel Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation during The Sled Stampede races.
15. Show everyone that you are the best hula hooper in town at the Hula Hoop Contest.
16. The chance to check out the bamboo ice sculptures in Pioneer Park.
17. You heard correctly, the lip-sync contest is BACK!
18. Make sure you get enough fruits and veggies in your diet at the Waikiki Watermelon-eating contest.
19. Test your bartending skills at the DUVEL
Pouring Contest at the Pit.
20. Sample a number of different wines and find your favorite at the Paper Umbrella Wine Tasting on Saturday.
21. You could be one of the lucky people to win a raffle prize announced at the Last Stand Chili Contest and Carnival Closer.
22. Join your neighbors on Main St. for the Tropical Paradise Parade or enter to win cash prizes!
23. See if your kids
inherited your moves at the Children’s Disco held at the Cooperstown Fire Hall.
24. Trade your flip-flops for bowling shoes at the
Bowling Tournament held at the Clark Sports Center.
25. If you get cold, warm up at Doubleday Field and enjoy hot food and
beverages at the Beachfront Warming Tent, served by the CCS Softball Team.
26. Check out “Muppet Treasure Island” at Movie Float Night at the Clark Sports Center pool.
27. Enter your chili in the Aloha Means Goodbye Chili Contest and Carnival Closer and see if you can
bring the title of “best chili” home!
28. Get free entry to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum all weekend by wearing a 2011 Winter Carnival button.
29. Try luau-themed drinks made by competing bars and good music at the Rip Tide Carnival Cooler and Drink Contest.
30. Win the Cross Country Ski Race on Saturday
afternoon beginning at the Clark Sports Center.
31. See which Cooperstown high schoolers are named to the Carnival Court during Saturday’s Pancake
32. Listen to some
talented youngsters take part in Kid’s Karaoke at the Masonic Lodge Building on Sunday.
33. Win a prize for your art by entering the Surf, Sun and Sand Snow Sculpting Contest on Saturday
34. Show everyone what that you’ve got what it takes at the Cooperstown’s Got Talent show.
35. Stop by the Winter
Market in Pioneer Alley on Saturday morning and the TREP$ Marketplace in the Cooperstown Middle/High School Gymnasium on
36. Wear grass skirts and say things like ALOHA and not get funny looks from your neighbors.
37. Catch “Lilo & Stitch” during the Cabin Fever Film Series on Friday
evening at the Hall of Fame.
38. Learn about the hauntings of Cooperstown by taking a Candlelight Ghost Tour during the weekend.
39. Warm up with the
Soup ‘r Chili Luncheon at the First Baptist Church.
40. Back, back, back, GONE. Participate in the Homerun Hitting Showdown in Lakefront Park.
41. Test your shot in the HOOPLA Free Throw and Three Point Contest at the Clark Sports Center.
42. Dig in during the
Volcanic Blast Chicken Wing Contest.
43. Enjoy a Spaghetti
Dinner to benefit the Susquehanna SPCA On Saturday evening from 5-8 at Templeton Hall.
44. Try some great
Cheesecake at the 12th annual Cheesecake Tasting at the Cooperstown United Methodist Church.
45. Be apart of a 45-year tradition of the best
community in America.